Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Emma Comes Home

First twenty-four hours post-op and all is well. I feel like someone has punched me in the belly and I an very tired (took a couple of naps today), but no nausea, Yeah, I think the operation was a success. I am very impressed at the overall lack of pain. Of course after a complete hysterectomy and total knee replacement, I feel that I am an expert in pain. Both of those surgeries were so painful that my mind has blocked the memory…a good thing, otherwise I would never have surgery of any type again-LOL.

Shirley, my BFF, brought over Miss Emma, the baby Bourke’s parakeet, she is giving us in exchange for Lenny (formerly Roxie…that’s another story). We have Emma’s aunt, Jinxie, at the clinic now, so they will be able to keep each other company. I will use my recovery time to try and tame Emma a bit before taking her to the clinic. She was raised by her parents and is basically wild.

Bourke’s are wonderful little birds. They are beautiful and lovely fliers. They don’t talk, but make the most adorable chirps and cheeps. They are easily tamed and make wonderful companions. On Shirley’s website, you can find everything you ever wanted to know about Bourke’s. But be forewarned! They’re just like potato chips: you can’t stop at just one-LOL!

2 comments:

Shirley Alexander said...

(Lenny's name is Spencer, not Lenny...we don't have a "Lennie"... ;) ) I'm so glad she's with you now! She was hand-fed some, and tame until she discovered the joy of flight. She'll "calm down" now that she's with you and not her siblings, and getting attention one on one.

Doc said...

Thanks for the correction, BFF. I'm a huge Steinbeck fan, so I can't get "Of Mice and Men" outta my head ;>)