Monday, April 28, 2008

The Last Hurrah

I have just went through the worst gall bladder attack yet. It started at about 4:00 this morning and the pain went on and on and on….not slacking off until about 9:00 a.m. I don’t know how people suffer through these attacks daily, and some do! They leave me weak and nauseaous for a day or two.

I have to fast after midnight for surgery tomorrow. That won’t be a problem-I’m not hungry for hours after my gall baldder flares up. I wish I was going under the knife right now. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired ;>)

As if that is not enough, I had to go to the dentist this afternoon. Evidently my tooth problem is a gigantic cavity. My dentist filled it and is confident it will be OK. I’m not so sure. My teeth rebel against me: they chip and break with the least provocation, crowns fall off, my partials get loose and whatever other dental misfortunes can happen, do. I have the dentist’s phone number on speed dial, although it’s unnecessary, as I have it memorized. His receptionist recognizes my voice and we are all on a first-name basis. When I go into his office, it’s like a family reunion. How long does one hang onto their teeth? I keep thinking that it would be much easier, less painful and much less expensive just to get the few teeth I have left yanked and then get dentures.

I just hope the anesthesiologist doesn’t knock out my new filling tomorrow!

No comments: