Friday, April 18, 2008

Where Did the Time Go?

There just are not enough hours in the day! And just when I finish one project, put my feet up and breathe a sigh of relief, I remember the next one is just around the corner. I sign on for something else when someone from church calls and then I get an e-mail asking for my help. I hate to turn anyone down, but I simply cannot figure out when there is time for anything else!

I used to really stress about deadlines and every little detail, but not anymore. Sure, I'm concerned that I might forget something important, but, you know what? Most mistakes and forgotten details don't kill anyone and I am always surprised at how many people don't even realize things were not quite right.

How do I do this? You may not believe me, but every morning when I wake up, I ask God to help me get those things done that really need done that day. And you know what? God ALWAYS comes through! When I start thinking that it is all MY work and that I am doing everything by myself, then things go wrong. But when I "let go and let God", the work gets done. And I still have time at the end of the day to cuddle the birds. God has truly blessed me; "my cup overflows"!

1 comment:

Shirley Alexander said...

"Let go and Let God" is what my mother always told us... this post sounds SO much like something she would write... and often how I manage to "get the important things done" or at least started... Thank you!