Saturday, April 19, 2008

Can You Hear God?

God speaks to me. God speaks to all of us. Can you hear Him? Elijah heard Him; not in the loud, rushing wind, not in the crashing thunder, but in the still, small whisper. It is the same for us.

We are so busy, there is so much noise and distraction that we don't hear God speaking to us. How can we hear that still, small voice when the cell phones ring, the car horns honk, the radio is plays, the TV blares, the kids scream, the animals bark and squawk? Can we ever stop talking ourselves? Can we possibly bear the silence long enough to listen?

I see God. I see Him in the eyes of the old dog I just euthanized. I see God in the birds, flying and singing outside and in my parrots' joyful noise as they engage in their rowdy antics. I spotted God today in the beautiful daffodils blooming in the yard. I see Him in the sun and the rain and the snow. Do we look for God? Or are we so focused on ourselves and what we need to do and where we need to go, that we never open our eyes?

I love God. I love Him In His Son, dying for my salvation. I love Him in my employees nagging me to answer a question. I love Him in my aged mother, telling me the same thing for the third time in the past thirty minutes. I love God in animals and children and all creation. Do we love things more than the One who created them? Do we look for God in ourselves and each other and love Him there?

God bless each one of you today!

No comments: