Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Facial Hair

Let's talk about women's facial hair. We all have it, to a greater or lesser degree. And we all wish we did NOT have it, so we are always in search of easy, painless ways of hair removal. I have shaved, waxed, Naired, but have not found that Holy Grail of hair removal systems. But today I had the unique pleasure of experiencing the delightful action of "The Tweeze" (pronounced "tweezey"). If ever there was a torture device it is this diabolical instrument.

My technician, Erin, has been telling me about the wonderful Tweeze for the last couple of weeks: how it didn't hurt any more than waxing (a bald-faced lie), how easy it was to use, how I really needed to get rid of my facial hair before the big meeting next weekend, etc. etc. Against my better judgment, I told her if she brought the Tweeze to work with her, I would try it.

Well, Erin brought her Tweeze in yesterday and mauled my face with it. She began in the "sideburn" area. It felt as if there was a tiny electric shock to my face every time this sadistic tool yanked out a hair by the roots. I kept crying "stop, stop",we would take a break for a few minutes and then have at it again. It took over 15 minutes to "de-hair" my cheeks! I get my chin, lip and eyebrows waxed weekly and I thought that unpleasant. That was "B.T." = before Tweeze! Never again will I complain when my beautician rips off that wax with a flourish. I will GLADLY accept anything else, just not the Tweeze!

And if pain was not enough, my delicate skin has been itching madly and on fire since being violated by the infamous Tweeze. My face is broken out in an itching mess, bumps all over my cheeks. Watch out for the infamous Tweeze, ladies. It is NOT all it promises to be!

1 comment:

D C said...

me want picture of said torturous instrument.