Friday, March 14, 2008

U2

U2 is internet shorthand for " Umbrella Cockatoo". I saw the sweetest U2 today at the clinic. Calvin is 21 years old and has cataracts in both eyes. He cannot possibly see much more than that, but will readily go to anyone as long as he can put his beak on them to locate his "perch" on your arm ;>) Calvin would snuggle right up under my chin and lay his head down while I scritched his neck; I could feel my blood pressure drop twenty points. He never made a sound-quite unusual for a cockatoo!

The ramp is finally done at the clinic. The builder was waiting for a few days of warmer weather and this week, the weather finally cooperated! It is much easier for me to get in and out now; I know it will be for our clients, too.

It's time to go visit my mother. She is 81 and lives next door to us. My (younger!) brother, Dave, is retired and takes care of Mom. He has a gift for nurturing and I am so glad he moved back to Indiana after his wife died. Dave is a blessing for all of us-thanks for all your work, Bubba ;>)