Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bird Fair

I had such a great day at the Michiana Bird Fair today! Although I did have to get up at 4:30 (WAY too early) to be ready for Steve and Shirley to pick me up, I managed to get dressed and semi-awake by the time they got here. We picked up Janet, another bird-crazy fool like ourselves, in Kokomo and off we went. It took over two hours to get to Mishawaka, but the time flew with good company and we were right on time. The others got everything set up since I am not much help in that category, but when the doors opened at ten, then I started to work!

I know I can talk all day long about birds, but after a couple of hours of non-stop, raised-voice-to-be-heard-above-the-crowd blabbing, I was ready for a break ;>) I toured the facility, checking out all the new birdie toys, talking to the beautiful birds for sale, buying tickets at the bird club's raffle table.

I brought Lucas with me and he was a trooper. Our table was next to a cockatiel breeder who had lots of young 'tiels for sale. Lucas paid no attention to them and stayed on my shoulder almost all day. He took a short flight a couple of times when something startled him, but he never got more than six feet away from "Mom". He acted like he had been going to bird fairs all his life; all the noise and excitement and people did not faze him one bit! I think Lucas is going to be my travel buddy becasue he is so easy to carry and he does so well ;>)

No comments: