Monday, March 24, 2008

Gall Stones

I have just been reviewing my own ultrasound of my abdomen. In one of my spirituality classes, the teacher told us that the most fascinating person in the world is ourself....and ain't it the truth-LOL!

I went to my internist a couple of weeks ago for a routine check-up and mentioned that I had happened to have some kind of GI epsiode of severe pain and nausea. It didn't last more than an hour and I felt OK the next day. Good doc that he is, he sent me for tests (see my entry for 3-17} and, of course, they found something wrong. I have "multiple gallstones", so my doc referred me to a surgeon, whom I will see this week. The surgeon's assistant requested that I pick up a CD of my ultrasound, which I did today. It was in a sealed envelope, which I promptly opened (hey, it IS all about me, isn't it?) and put in the computer. Lo and behold, it comes right up, and, yep, multiple gallstones, alright!

I sure don't want to take time off for surgery, especially with my schedule the next couple of months. I hope I can put this off for a while ;>) You know what they say, though, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans". God has been good to me all my life, so I don't worry. Everything is in His hands....

No comments: