Thursday, March 13, 2008

Exercise for the Body and Soul

It's been another one of those busy "days off" today! I began the day in a good way, with Mass here at Sacred Heart, followed by a meeting with my prayer partner. Our goal is to meet weekly, but between our schedules, our meeting times seem to be averaging about twice a month. We pray and discuss God's action in our lives-my partner is very spiritual. She has been instrumental to my spiritual growth over the past seven years that we have been meeting. It was a very good meeting this morning, praise God!

After this, I went to my "Arthritis Aquatics" class at Riverview Rehab. I have been doing this for 7-8 years and know it is the primary reason I am still walking today. The therapy pool is heated to 90 degrees and that water feels so good! We spend about 10 minutes doing warm-up stretches, followed by 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, and finish with another 10 minutes of stretching. Keeps these old joints limber and helps keep the muscles strong. Plus, it is a wonderful social hour-my husband, Ray, goes, too. And there are about a dozen ladies, my "pool buddies", who have been in these classes wiht me for many years now.

I finished the day with Confession. Lent is coming to a close and confession is a part of getting ready for Easter. We had a communal Reconciliation service at Sacred Heart tonight. I met my god-daughter, Sara (who works at CVC) and her husband, Kevin, there. It was a perfect end to a beautiful day ;>))

No comments: