Sunday, March 9, 2008

Beautiful Sunday

I just returned from a morning at church, supervising the religious education program here at Sacred Heart, the Catholic parish in Cicero. We have approximately 100 students, ranging in age from three to seventeen years old, enrolled in our program. Since I began teaching nine years ago, I know most of these kids by name. I love teaching our faith, whether to toddlers, teenagers, adults or seniors. We are called "catechists", because we teach not only by word, but by deed-how we live our faith usually tells people more than what we say!

It looks and sounds like spring today-still a bit chilly and some snow on the ground, but the sun is shining and the birds are singing. We know that warmer days are just around the corner. I am sitting here with home-made lasagna in the oven, napping dogs and cats, Shelby on my shoulder, grinding her beak in contentment and Merlin chewing up the woodwork-aaah, bliss.... Take some time today to relax and enjoy all the blessings God gives us-family, friends, pets, nature, everything ;>)

No comments: