Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Bird Day!

This has really been a fun day! This morning Merlin and I went to my parish preschool. Helena and her doxie, Libby, and Shirley and her bearded dragons, Jack and Chloe and her cornsnake, Sam, accompanied me. CVC, have zoo, will travel ;>)

The kids thoroughly enjoyed all the animals, but I must admit that Sam was the biggest hit. However, as I was leaving, I heard a chorus of voices saying "Good-bye-cockatoo" and when I went out the door, one little voice said "I love you, cockatoo". Kids and animals-it just doesn't get any better than that.



When I went to the clinic for afternoon appointments, I decided to take my albino cockatiel, Lucas, with me. Lucas just turned one year old last month and is the best little bird! I highly recommend cockatiels as "first" birds. They are just as intelligent, sweet and funny as the larger parrots. I have not taken Lucas out, as he seems to startle easily, but I have gradually been introducing him to different situations around the house. And today seemed a good day to try Lucas at the clinic. So he is here now, sitting on my shoulder, as comfortable as he is at home. Lucas went readily to everyone at the clinic, coming to me whenever I called him. I love my little guy!


1 comment:

Shirley Alexander said...

I had so much fun yesterday watching the little children get acquainted with the various pets - like Dr. C. said, children and animals, it really doesn't get any better than that! I was an elem. school teacher for years and love teaching and showing children new things. And that little voice, as we left, was just charming! There's a photo on the Events link of our visit.